Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Dead Pass Swiftly (Trailer)

Finally, after a week long hiatus from the rest of society, I've finished the trailer to my film "The Dead Pass Swiftly." I'm super excited about how it turned out. My buddy Dave Brown gave me a lot of good advice about how to go about editing the trailer. I was a bit apprehensive (actually, it was more than a bit) about some of the suggestions. In the original, I had short snippets that included commentary, but Dave didn't think that the commentary was necessary. He mentioned how powerful imagery can be. I wasn't trying to hear it. I kept the commentary until the very last minute. It really didn't fit in with the scheme of the trailer so, with tears, I cut it out entirely. But, I'm super excited about how well it turned out. My first trailer for one of my films! It's like March Madness in February. I can hear Dickie V in the background "The excitement BABY! America are you SERIOUS!!!" The film was scored by a friend of Dave's. Sadly, I cannot remember his name (if you're reading this you have my sincerest apologies) but I hope to work with him on future projects. He's a really talented composer. Hope you all enjoy the trailer as much as I enjoyed putting it together :) Good fright and all aboard the Train To Midnight.

1 comment:

Jesse Berger said...

extra tight bonus on the swing chain shot... and in general.