Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feature Film Project

Good day guys and ghouls. I realize it's been awhile since I myself have blogged about anything pertaining to my life. I've been writing my first screenplay for my first feature length film. I'm proud to say that after months of agonizing (and at times it became excruciatingly difficult...try writing cold turkey if you don't believe me) over the script, I'm finally finished. Well, sort of. I've done the necessary revisions and need to apply them to the actual script, but the hard part (as it pertains to the writing anyways) is finished. THANK GOD!

The working title is "Her Gates of Death." Not going to go into much detail, but the film, at its foundation, is about the subconscious evil in both men and women as it pertains to relationships.

As this will be my first feature film, I realize the hardships that lie ahead, but I welcome them with open arms. It's been a few months since I've shot anything meaningful (or anything at all for that matter) so the opportunity to step behind the camera once again is one that I revel in. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL I SAY!

I'll be shooting the film in Charleston, SC. It's been awhile since I've been down in the Holy City so the opportunity to get back is one that I'm excited about as well. I wrote the script from memory of the various locations I've visited in Charleston. My visual memory is a lot sharper than I knew. Everything was pretty clear in my mind and I only stumbled once or twice in terms of visualizing locations.

Before shooting is to commence there are a few (more than a few really) tasks that I'll need to get to: Casting, location scouting, securing locations, crew, equipment. All necessities in making one's film a reality. I have a few contacts so I'll be hitting up a few of them, but I'll be relying heavily on myself with most of the things I need to come by. I think for my first feature film it's better to rely more on myself for the experience if nothing else. I'm not going to be getting crazy though. I do KNOW I'll need help. Hopefully I don't run into to much strife when it comes to the locations I need. That's my biggest worry right now.

I have received some helpful advice from a friend (Jesse Berger) of mine who has a film debuting at this year's Charleston International Film Festival. If you would like to keep tabs on the film "Republic of Pete" (if I'm not mistaken, he'll be posting a trailer soon), his blog is: http://gawdygawdygah.blogspot.com/

I'll try to keep you posted on the coming events and struggles in shooting the film. Until then, Que Sera Sera.

Antonio Di Robinson

P.S. - I'll blog about the film's budget as time progresses.

No comments: