Sunday, January 25, 2009

"A Day in the Life of a Fool"



"I don't wanna live no mo. Sometimes I hear death knocking at my front do."

Words reminiscient of a life unlived. If you've been gracious enough to live long enough on this mediary time capsule called earth, you've felt this way at one point in life. Out of the whole song "Everyday Struggle" those two lines speak volumes of what the everyday struggle truly is. It speaks of how strenuous life has gotten and the semiously uphill battle one has been fighting. We're born to fall victim to the everyday struggle. In a sense we're born into the everyday struggle. No matter how rich one is or how poor one is, we all face our own demons. Sometimes we get so caught up in how glamorous the other half lives that we forget that they are not unlike ourselves. Just like you, they're born to die. The everyday struggle plagues everything under the sun. There's no escape...is there? To deal with the woes, some get hooked on a drug of choice. Others encapsulate themselves as to be locked away from the apocalypse that's taking place on the other side of their walls. Some choose to face the struggle. Muster the courage to look the struggle in the eyes and go toe to toe with what should surely be their downfall. One thing is for sure, whether one chooses to run from it or run at it, there's no escaping the everyday struggle. But, as Frost puts it:

“The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.”

I ask you now faithful reader. Take my hand. As Frost has promised, "the woods are lovely, dark and deep." We might stumble a bit, but do not worry if we part hands briefly. It is only for me to find my way. We shall assuredly meet again. As two strangers kissing in the dark. Do not fear. Do you trust me? Come now, the train has begun to pick up speed. The conductor has called for the last of the passengers. All aboard THE TRAIN TO MIDNIGHT.

No comments: