Friday, April 10, 2009

The Horror Genre

One thing I really love about the Horror Genre is, above all, its' ability to tell the truth behind the human experience. Horror is an exceptable realm where its' viewers understand that 1) they're about to see some wild shit and 2) it's no more exaggerated than the realities we face in everyday life. I plan on making horror films based on my own experiences on this earth as well as things I've witnessed. Some of my influences both old and new are George A. Romero, John Carpenter, Wes Craven, and, quickly coming up through the ranks, Dario Argento. I plan on checking out a slew of Argento films within the next couple of months. I'll post a few film reviews about the films I watch. Check out some of the interviews from a few of the Masters of Horrors themselves.







No comments: